Tuesday, April 7, 2009

wrestle mania





so I was in new jersey last saturday for a funeral. i brought my camera and figured i'd drive around and get some shots before i headed back over the bridge.  the second stop i made was at the wrestling school in my mom's town. i have tried several times to get a photo of this building with it's glorious sign however there are always cars in front of it. 

so i stop and shot one out my car window (can you say creepy?) and low and behold a big dude approaches me and asks me what I'm doing. 

after several minutes of explaining and introductions are made, he invites me in to take photos inside. he says a match is going on. i was pressed for time but what' the answer to a question like that? the answer was yes. and so i spent the next hour and a half photographing amatuer wrestlers (and I mean WWF style). amazing. first try, but I'll be back with my new camera as soon as possible. I felt like such an imposter and so honored at the same time. it was really a great experience. it made me think outside of how i normally shoot and i loved the challenge. 

No comments: